On Thursday, we tried to “grow ice” but we couldn’t get it to work. It might be because of an error in the method or the equipment that we used, so we are going to have another go next week.
Today we investigated how the air temperature affects the melting rate of ice. We placed the same amount of ice in 5 locations and then checked on them every 20 minutes or so. Miss Mullin took a photo after 3 hours.
As predicted the ice cubes in the staffroom melted fastest, followed by the ice in our classroom, then the hall cupboard, then a picnic table, then the P7 garden. It really is a chilly spot in the winter! Brr!